The term “ocean of ideas” would seem confined if I talk about the topic “ideas to succeed in IELTS”. IELTS is one of those professional exam which is gaining its popularity against the speed of the speedometer. Everyday so many new academy erupts with promising ideas and techniques but if we actually analyze the core idea for all these “promising academies and trainers” everyone sings the same tone “practice! Practice! Until you succeed. But have you ever thought that why so many candidate still have a dull face on the day of their result in spite of practicing so much and maybe attending their 5 or 6 times IELTS exam?
As one of the popular mantra of this century says “do smart work not hard work”. Here are some of the quick bite tips that could be your brush-up food of wisdom before your exam or maybe your confidence booster for IELTS preparation.
- First and foremost work on your will power, never underestimate your instincts and skills based on your first few days of practice, success always knocks the door for one who tries endlessly.
- Practice every day all the modules (reading, writing, listening, speaking) without fail and maintain a record of your score obtained each day. Make sure the graph of your score card is on the accelerating mode and try not to decline your score.
- For reading follow the questions first then read the passage by skimming and scanning method.
- It is always advised to have a perfect time management especially for reading and writing. I suggest to always practice sparing 10-15 minutes extra in hand, so that during exam you don’t run short of time.
- For improving in listening it is always good to first get familiarized with the accent. If you are new to English language with foreign accent it’s always good to hear at-least one hour of BBC English news so that you get used to the accent and tone of speaking
- For speaking always practice in front of the mirror or with a recorder, it’s good to know your own tone and sound, as said self-correction is the best way to learn.
- Never practice modules one by one, it’s mandatory to practice everyday everything for best score.
– by Jacklin M Anthony