You may be a new comer just introducing yourself into the world of overseas education, converting your dream into reality or you might be one those individual, exhausted after trying 4-5 times to qualify your IELTS with the desired band.
Many promising academies/ trainers would have given you many tips and techniques, but just to brush
up many tips all familiar to many. Here are some quick 10 success mantra.
- Foremost understand which level of English do you have (which includes grammar) and then upgrade the level of language
- Don’t spend too much time on learning grammar, it will consume most of your time and gradually your interest to practice for IELTS will decline.
- Don’t focus on learning complex or extra ordinary synonyms from dictionary or internet. It is absolutely OK to have a normal or a good vocabulary.
- Practice each module every day without skipping any.
- IELTS is all about time, follow a strict and fixed time.
- Try to assign 15 minutes for each passage in reading section that makes 45 minutes for all the 3 passage. The remaining 15 minutes could be used for checking the answers and even completing the incomplete question
- Try to record your sound while speaking, and hear them, this is the best way of self-correction.
- Practice writing all the types of essays and make sure you satisfy all the criteria (TA, GRA, LR, CC)
- Try to read/ watch news to get ideas about our surrounding, which is beneficial as you will get points for writing and speaking section.
- And stay confident and never give up!!
– by Jacklin M Anthony